Manufacturers recommend servicing your air conditioner a minimum of 2 times a year to ensure peak performance and efficiency.
This is not an easy question to answer; here are some things to consider when making your decision:
- The age and condition of the equipment. If it’s older than 10 years, it is most likely not very efficient anymore.
- Is your current system keeping you comfortable when summer arrives?
- How much will the repair cost? How many more repairs will you need in the future? Is keeping your older system running worth the time and money? In Florida, the life span of an air conditioner is 10-12 years. After that time period passes, the efficiency is so low that it can actually cost you more in your monthly electric bill than simply purchasing a new efficient unit.
In general, Shoreline Air Conditioning recommends inspecting your filter(s) regularly and replacing your standard or washable filters monthly. Pleated filters are rated for 90 days but that does not mean they will last that long. This simple step can reduce the likelihood of a system breakdown.
Yes, there are several things you can do to reduce monthly expenses related to air conditioning.
- Change your filter(s) regularly. An unclean filter makes your system work harder.
- Use a programmable thermostat and set it between 78-80 degrees when you are not home. For example, setting your house thermostat from 73 to 76 degrees can save you as much as 15% on your monthly electricity costs.
- Keeping the fan set to “Auto” can also save up to $25 per month.
- Check for low batteries in the thermostat
- Check all breakers to make sure they are not tripped and set to the on position
- Check for a dirty filter
- Make note of any noises or smells
No. Air conditioners are sized to be a perfect match for your home. Selecting too large of a unit would cause your system to short cycle. Air conditioners are designed to run for certain amounts of time so that they can remove the humidity for space.
Programmable thermostats are digital, more precise and effective than mercury thermostats. Plus, they allow you to automatically regulate the temperature in your house at various points of the day without ever moving the thermostat! Now with WiFi thermostats, you can control the temperature in your house from your phone or computer.
If your lights are dimming when your air conditioning system comes on, it can be a sign of a weak compressor, the capacitor going out, or your unit may be in need of a start capacitor to help your compressor to start.
- Maria Knapp
Thank You!!! The best Air Conditioning Company!
An honest company with great service at a fair price. I've used them three times with quick service and quality work. I recommend Shoreline AC to everyone.
10/10. Neighbors of ours recommended Kevin when we had a nasty condensate line clog over the summer. He came out same-day. diagnosed the issue immediately, and had our AC up and running properly within the hour. I highly recommend Shoreline Air Conditioning.
- Ilena Perez
Fantastic, trustworthy, and Fast!! My grandmother had a broken A/C unit in her 2nd floor condo and hired another company to go out and give her a quote. They told her that her unit needed to be trashed as it was unfixable and she had to purchase a new unit from them at $3800. We were very concerned with this quote, and called Kevin from Shoreline Air Conditioning. He responded right away and added her to the schedule the very next day!! He went to her home and fixed her right up for less than 13% of what the other company was going to rip my grandmother off for! Thank you so much Kevin & Shoreline Air Conditioning!! Today you are a hero in an A/C guy’s clothing!
We have used Kevin with Shoreline since he started in the A/C business, Kevin does the job right the first time, we set up a regular maintenance schedule with him and he is always on time.
I’ve used Shoreline twice. The service is excellent & very fairly priced. Both times I had a problem with my older air handler & Kevin knew exactly what was wrong & fixed it in 30-40 minutes. He has even come over on a Sunday morning. He’s honest & responsive. I can’t say enough nice things about this company. I wish others would learn from them!